Pennsylvania Lake Erie Watershed Association
PLEWA is a program committed to protecting, restoring and enhancing our region’s water resources.
PLEWA was formed in 2002 through a partnership between several key partners in the Erie region. Start up funds were provided through the Growing Greener program with the Department of Environmental Protection. At the start up of the organization, funds were available for staff time to help establish the organization as a coordinating organization for smaller watershed groups. PLEWA has assisted many partners and smaller watershed groups to meet their goals by helping bridge gaps and strengthen regional partnerships.
PLEWA is currently working in the community to address high priority issues of environmental considerations. These priorities are based off of several planning and study documents. These issues include strengthening collaborations with the businesses and organizations located within the Presque Isle Bay Watershed. PLEWA is working toward developing other programs that help coordinate efforts across the surfaces of the environment, economy and community.
PA Lake Erie Sub-Watershed Representatives
- Conneaut Creek: OPEN
- Raccoon Creek: Jake Moore
- Crooked Creek: OPEN
- Elk Creek: Tom Fuhrman
- Trout Run: Steve Porter
- Walnut Creek: Steve Wasiesky
- Presque Isle Bay: Mike Campbell & Evan Clendenin
- Cascade Creek: Ed Kissell
- Mill Creek: Mike Campbell & Mark Kwitowski
- Garrison Run: Mike Campbell & Mark Kwitowski
- McDannell Run: Marty Visnosky & Sr. Rita Brockey
- Fourmile Creek: Dave Skellie & Ann Quinn
- Fivemile Creek: Jake Moore
- Sixmile Creek: Dave Beals
- Sevenmile Creek: Sarah Galloway
- Twelvemile Creek: OPEN
- Sixteenmile Creek: Anna McCartney
- Baker Creek: Diana Hatfield
- Twentymile Creek: Chris Orton & Chris Saber
- Lake Erie: Matt Pluta & Allen Krayeski
- Great Lakes Basin: Pat Lupo
Interested in becoming a sub-watershed representative? For more information or to report a environmental issue in your watershed, please contact your sub-watershed representative or Pat Lupo or Sarah Galloway.